Here is a list of swords that appear in different forms of fiction, from books and movies to video games.
- a black sword of Elric in the Elric saga, fantasy stories by the author Michael Moorcock. It is a member of a demon race that takes on the form of a
sword and absorbs the souls of anyone it kills which energy passes to the one that wields him.
- a sword from The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings and Unfinished Tales written by J. R. R. Tolkien. It glows blue whenever orcs are nearby. It was last
wielded by Gandalf.
or Night Blade - from Chronicles of Amber by Roger Zelazny, is Corwin's sword. It can be called from shadow and is very effective against
creatures of Chaos.
- a sword from Lewis Carroll’s nonsense poem "Jabberwocky". It went snicker-snack and cut of Jabberwocky’s head. It appears in the RPG Dungeons &
Dragons as well as in video games “American McGee's Alice” and “Alice: Madness Returns”.
The Sword of Shannara
- appears in Terry Brooks’ Shannara series. It is forged from magic; it is indestructible and can reveal the truth of any being or situation.
Sword of Grayskull
or Sword of Power - from the Masters of the Universe toyline and animated series as well as the movie. It transforms protagonist Prince
Adam of Eternia into He-Man and is indestructible.
Sword of Gryffindor
from Harry Potter series of books. It made of silver and rubies by goblins. It takes in its self what makes it stronger. It is also indestructible.
- sword of Aragorn in the The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien.
The Sword of Omens
- sword of Lion-O, from animated series ThunderCats. It had the "The Eye of Thundera" jewel on it which gave it power to change size, come when called,
protect its wielder with a force field, and give its wielder a power of remote viewing.
The Blazing Sword
- the sword of Voltron from the eponymous animated series. It could materialize practically from nowhere and release a powerful energy attack called “star
The Golden Blade
- sword from an eponymous movie from 1953. Can cut through anything and makes its wielder invincible. Also known as a Sword of Damaskus.
- sword from sci-fi series Star Wars. It has metal hilt that projects a brightly lit blade. It can cut through anything and deflect blaster bolts.
- sword hidden in a cane and a property of Zatoichi from Japanese series of movies. It also has a dagger hidden in the hilt.
- used by Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit and Frodo Baggins in the The Lord of the Rings. Tt glowes blue when orcs or goblins are present.
- iconic sword from video game Final Fantasy VII, wielded by the main protagonist Cloud Strife.
and Scalpel - swords worn by protagonists of Fritz Leiber’s “Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser”. Graywand is the longsword wielded by the
barbarian, Fafhrd while the Scalpel is a rapier wielded by Grey Mouser.